Monday, June 14, 2010

Should Black Women Keep a List for Dating Choices?

A black woman put a list of her dating requirements on my facebook page as part of a broader conversation some were having about black relationships and why they don't work.  I wonder what others think about this list and whether or not it's healthy to have a list like this in your quest for true love.  Here is the list:

 

I don't date men in jail
I don't date men with children
I don't date men who don't have a job
I don't date men who  are not career oriented
I don't date men who have a criminal history (it's called a background check and I highly recommend it)
I don't date men who carry guns
I don't date men who abuse drugs
I don't date men who are verbally or physically abusive to anything OR anyone
I don't date men who borrow money
I don't date men who reject education
I don't date men who can't cook and clean
I don't date men who can't cry
I don't date men who disrespect their mothers
I don't date men who worship their mothers
I don't date men who are still in love with his ex
I don't date men who are married
I don't date men who are separated
I don't date men who are legally separated
I don't date men in open relationships
I don't date men who have girlfriends
I don't date men who have a girlfriend
I don't date men who brag about taking care of their kids
I don't date men who don't take care of their kids
I don't date men who don't know how to get rid of an ex-girlfriend
I don't date men who are disrespectful to their ex-wives
I don't date men who refuse to take an AIDS test




No comments: