Thursday, January 31, 2008

Love Letter No. 6

Love Letter No. 6

By C. L. Wilson

I keep your love letters in my back pocket, and your memory in my heart.
It takes priority, placed in my pocket before wallet, keys, and extra pens.
I draw upon you for inspiration. If I were a desperado, your love letters
would be placed next to my firearm. I would draw with the thought of your
love steadying my hand. True hearts have the truest aim.
Mine is pure. Undiluted. Honest. True. I have taken aim,
and I have no reservations of firing in the name of love.
Test me. Tempt me. My love is a .44 Caliber, its hollow points explode on contact.
Bursting hearts, and opening minds. Love is beautifully bloody.
Cupid has a deadly aim, I have been hit many times.
Rebounding. Reloading. Aiming. Firing.


No comments: